Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (37): WHEN WE COLLIDED

WoW is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine!


Author: Emery Lord
Release date: April 5, 2016

Summary: Meet Vivi and Jonah: A girl and a boy whose love has the power to save or destroy them. 

Vivi and Jonah couldn't be more different. Vivi craves anything joyful or beautiful that life can offer. Jonah has been burdened by responsibility for his family ever since his father died. As summer begins, Jonah resigns himself to another season of getting by. Then Vivi arrives, and suddenly life seems brighter and better. Jonah is the perfect project for Vivi, and things finally feel right for Jonah. Their love is the answer to everything. But soon Vivi's zest for life falters, as her adventurousness becomes true danger-seeking. Jonah tries to keep her safe, but there's something important Vivi hasn't told him. 

Thoughts: I haven't read either of Emery Lord's previous books, but both of them are on my TBR, so why wouldn't this one? That cover is completely different from the covers of Open Road Summer and The Start of You and Me, but I am definitely digging it! The colors, the paint splatters, the font? Love it all. This sounds like a swoony, emotional rollercoaster, and those are usually my favorite kinds of contemporaries, so you can see why I'm anticipating this book!

Tell me: what are YOU waiting on this Wednesday? Does my choice sound interesting to you? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment