Saturday, September 20, 2014

August Book Haul 2014

As you may have seen on my last Facebook post, I had some technical difficulties with my videos for August. I used my mom's old video camera instead of my phone to film both of my August videos, but we cannot find the cord to connect the camera to the computer to transfer the videos so I can edit and upload them. So while I can probably find a Micro SD card to transfer them, it's entirely too late for the videos to go up from August. So instead, I thought I would just do a "stacking the shelves" type post and tell you the books I got in August, accompanied by some pictures! I bought a total of 24 books in August, so let's get started!

First, I took a couple of trips to a local thrift store and found several books.



1. Marley & Me by John Grogan
2. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
3. High Fidelity by Nick Hornby
4. Matilda by Roald Dahl
5. The Daughters by Joanna Philbin
6. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck






There are a couple of Half Price Books locations in my area, and they had a GIANT clearance sale at the convention center, where everything was $2 or less. So, I absolutely HAD to go. And--unsurprisingly--I found several books! Surprisingly, only half were YA, and the other half were adult or chick-lit. 

8. Shopaholic Ties the Knot BOTH by Sophie Kinsella
9. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
10. The Devil Wears Prada by Laura Weisberger 
11. Sirensong (Faeriewalker #3) by Jenna Black
12. Prom by Laurie Halse Anderson 
13. Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg 

Then I actually found a few memoir/biography/humor books by celebrities at a garage sale!


14. This Time Together by Carol Burnett

While I was at the HPB clearance sale, I almost picked up this next book, but my mom's friend said she had a copy that I could have, so I got this one for free! 





17. The Help by Kathryn Stockett








Then I ordered the next book from the Half Price Books marketplace online, because it was pretty much the ONLY place I could find it in the hardcover that I wanted!  






18. Peeps by Scott Westerfeld








I want a matching set of Stephanie Perkins' books in paperback, so I went ahead and ordered a signed copy of this book from Malaprops Bookstore, which is Stephanie's home bookstore! 


19. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Towards the very end of the month, I finally made a trip to my Half Price Books for the first time in a month. And it was during the 20% off EVERYTHING Labor Day sale, so I found some awesome deals! 



20. F My Life (this was 50 cents on clearance, so it was 40 cents with the sale!)
21. The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour 
22. Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
23. Panic by Lauren Oliver

FINALLY, the last book I got was a Book Outlet find. They only had two copies, and I had wanted it for so long, so how I could I pass up a Book Outlet cheap price? 



24. Faery Tales and Nightmares by Melissa Marr

So that's it! Those are all the books I bought in August. I've already started accumulating some books in September. I've started substituting, and I got the go-ahead from my mom to spend some of my first paycheck, so of COURSE I spent it on TV shows and books. What can I say? I have a little bit of a problem...

Tell me: what books did YOU buy/receive in the month of August? Let me know in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment