Monday, January 18, 2016

2015: Year in Review!

Books

A year ago, I was so proud of myself for reading 50 books. In 2015, I outdid myself. I will admit that my overall number wouldn't be quite as impressive if I didn't include comic book trade paperbacks, but I do. They're on Goodreads and they take at least half an hour to read (for me), so they get counted! So here are some breakdowns to everything I read this year. 

I read NINETY-SIX books in total!

I also kept track of the number of books I read in each genre. As you can see, I read mostly comic trades, and fantasy and contemporary YA novels. 


I've started TEN new-to-me series: 
  • DOROTHY MUST DIE by Danielle Paige
  • A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES by Sarah J. Maas
  • UNEARTHLY by Cynthia Hand
  • MAGONIA by Maria Dahvana Headley
  • TO ALL THE BOYS I'VE LOVED BEFORE by Jenny Han
  • THE WRATH AND THE DAWN by Renee Ahdieh
  • BURN FOR BURN by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
  • THE REMNANT CHRONICLES by Mary E. Pearson
  • MIND GAMES by Kiersten White
  • SIX OF CROWS by Leigh Bardugo

And I've finished FIFTEEN series!: 
  • SHATTER ME by Tahereh Mafi
  • SKYLARK by Meagan Spooner
  • THIS IS NOT A TEST by Courtney Summers
  • HYBRID CHRONICLES by Kat Zhang
  • DIVERGENT by Veronica Roth
  • TAKEN by Erin Bowman
  • ELIXIR by Hilary Duff
  • UNEARTHLY by Cynthia Hand
  • TO ALL THE BOYS I'VE LOVED BEFORE by Jenny Han
  • BURN FOR BURN by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
  • MATCHED by Ally Condie
  • MIND GAMES by Kiersten White
  • ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS by Stephanie Perkins
  • PECULIAR CHILDREN by Ransom Riggs
  • LUNAR CHRONICLES by Marissa Meyer
So there are FOUR series that I've started and finished within the same year. 

So if you'd like to know which of these books were my absolute favorites of the year, be sure to come back tomorrow to read my Favorite 15 of '15 post! 

Community

As you probably already know, I take an unexpected hiatus from the community at the end of the year. If you want some more information on that, check out yesterday's post HERE

Other than that, I did manage to make several videos on my booktube channel this year! One I'm particularly proud of is my Avengers Book Tag! I had a lot of fun coming up with the questions for the tag, and Christine from Polandbananasbooks actually ended up using my tag for her collaboration video with author Margaret Stohl when promoting her book, Black Widow: Forever Red! That was a truly awesome experience. 

I participated in several read-a-thons this year, all of which were awesome, and I am definitely looking forward to doing more this year! I even participated in the Booktube-a-thon and made a few videos for it! 

Again, I just want to thank you. If it weren't for the people like you reading my blog, liking my Instagram pics, or watching my videos, I wouldn't keep doing it. I like talking to new people and finding others who share my interests. I had a lot of fun doing this for the first half of last year, so I'm looking forward to making this fun again. 

Be sure to come back every day this week for more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment