Friday, January 22, 2016

2015 Bookish Resolutions Wrap-Up

Before I get started on my resolutions for the coming year, I wanted to go back and see how I did on my resolutions for last year so that can inform my new goals! So let's look at how I did on my 2015 resolutions. 

1. Post more often! 

I did really well on this for the first half of the year. Then after the summer I started tapering off, and as you know, I stopped posting in the last few months of the year. So this is a half-success!

2. Booktube more often! 

Again, did really well in the first few months! And in August, I did the Book-tube-a-thon and did several videos then! Not so much in the last few months.

3. Tweet/Instagram more often! 

Same. The end of the year kinda sucked.

4. Be more active in the community in general! 

This was a bit of a fail. Better luck this year!

5. Read Insurgent and Allegiant before March 20th! 

Success! I think I actually finished Allegiant ON March 20th. Ha.

6. Finish more series than I start! 

Success! I finished 15 series and only started 10!

7. Read more contemporary! 

Success! In fact, contemporary was my second-most read genre of the year. (Right behind comic trades. Go figure.)

8. Limit the book buying! 

Toward the end of the year, I started doing really well with this. I haven't bought very many books in the last few months, and I'm really excited about it!

9. Participate in at least ONE readathon! 

I participated in THREE. Boom. So proud.

10. Read 40 books in 2015!

I read 96! WOO!

I also want to look at the list of books that I said I HAD to read in 2015, and see how I did!

1. Insurgent and Allegiant by Veronica Roth -- READ
2. City of Ashes and City of Glass by Cassandra Clare -- UNREAD
3. Lark Ascending by Meagan Spooner -- READ
4. Echoes of Us by Kat Zhang -- READ
5. Forged by Erin Bowman -- READ
6. The Darkest Minds trilogy by Alexandra Bracken -- UNREAD
7. The Body Electric by Beth Revis -- UNREAD
8. Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld -- UNREAD
9. Reached by Ally Condie -- READ

So...could have done better on that. Oops!

The last thing I wanted to do was look at my Most Anticipated Books of 2015 and see how many I actually managed to read!

Fairest by Marissa Meyer -- READ
99 Days by Katie Cotugno -- READ
The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West -- READ
Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan -- UNREAD
Forged by Erin Bowman -- READ
The Rose Society by Marie Lu -- UNREAD
Please Remain Calm by Courtney Summers -- READ
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo -- READ
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas -- READ
Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas -- READ
Winter by Marissa Meyer -- READ

So there are only two of those books I haven't read yet, but I DO own them, so hopefully I will be reading them this year, still! 

Tell me: how did YOU do on your bookish resolutions for 2015? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment