Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Most Anticipated Books of 2016!

Before we get into the books I just can't WAIT to read this year, I will note that since this post is coming late, there is a book on this list that have already been released. However, I haven't bought or read it yet, so I'm going to go ahead and put it on the list anyway! So here we go!

10. Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi
Release date: August 30th

There isn't an official cover for this one yet, but based on how much I loved the Shatter Me series, I know that I'm going to want this. 

18602406 25063781 17838528

9. Yellow Brick War by Danielle Paige
Release date: March 15th

The Dorothy Must Die series is a trilogy that's gotten some bad press in the community, and I feel like not very many people love it. But I enjoyed the first two books much more than I expected, so I'm so ready to see how the story is going to conclude!

8. Summer Days and Summer Nights-- an anthology edited by Stephanie Perkins
Release date: June 14th

This is basically the summer version of My True Love Gave to Me, which I enjoyed. There were certain stories in that anthology that I didn't like at all, but there were others that I absolutely loved, so I'm excited to see what this volume has to offer!

7. The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
Release date: May 3rd

Really, I discovered that I loved Morgan Matson this year. So I'll read ANYTHING she writes. But that cover is so precious and perfect and I can't wait to read it. 

23308084 28260587 17927395

6. The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh
Release date: May 3rd

The Wrath and the Dawn was a book that definitely took me by surprise this year. I had heard great things, but I didn't expect to fall in love with it nearly as hard as I did. I'm desperate to find out how the story will end, so I am anxiously awaiting this sequel. 

5. Untitled Throne of Glass #5 by Sarah J. Maas
Release date: September 6th

Duh. With the end of Queen of Shadows, I'm going to need this book, like, yesterday. But of course we don't even have a title or a cover yet. That doesn't mean I'm not insanely excited about it. 

4. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
Release date: May 3rd

Duh. I loved ACOTAR this year (just like I knew I would), so I can't wait to see where this installment in the trilogy takes us! (And I can't wait to see more Rhys. Ha!)

25689074 25187640

3. Stars Above by Marissa Meyer
Release date: February 2nd

When I finished Winter and cried a thousand tears, I was devastated that it was over. It was a fitting conclusion for the series, and I absolutely loved it, but I'm so glad that the story's not quite over. The more we get to see these characters again, the happier I am!

2. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
Release date: January 5th 

I haven't gotten my hands on this beauty yet, but I've been waiting for this book for almost two years, so it's almost unbelievable to realize that's it's actually here. But I've been hearing great things, so I can't wait to read it for myself!

1. Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
Release date: September 27th

This one also doesn't have a cover yet, but unlike Furthermore and ACOMAF, it doesn't even have a PLACEHOLDER cover yet. And that's utterly awful for me because Six of Crows was completely incredible. Leigh Bardugo has a way of making me fall head over heels in love with her characters before bombarding me with feels. And I just need to know what happens to these characters. I need it now! 

So that's it. Those are my top 10 most anticipated books for 2016. But don't be fooled; there are a great many more books that I'm excited about. I had to narrow down my list by almost half in order to get it to this number. So fear not! 2016 is far from lacking in exciting YA titles.

Tell me: which of these books are YOU most excited about? What other books are you excited for that didn't make my list? Let me know in the comments below!



No comments:

Post a Comment