Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (4): THE DREGS

WoW is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine


Title: The Dregs (Dregs #1)
Author: Leigh Bardugo
Release date: ??/2015

Goodreads blurb: The project, describe as a blend of Ocean's 11 and Game of Thrones, is set in Kerch, a small island nation in the "Grishaverse" with tremendous economic power, the hub of all international trade and a country rich in art and culture...but also home to one of the most dangerous criminal underworlds. A crew of dangerous felonious misfits face impossible odds when they are pulled together to break into one of the most guarded places in the world. 

Thoughts: I read the first two books in Leigh Bardugo's Grisha trilogy last summer (Shadow & Bone and Siege & Storm), and couldn't get enough of them. So when Ruin & Rising, the third book, came out this June, I ran to Barnes & Noble on release day to get the special edition with the bonus short story. I ADORE that series and miss it already. So when she announced that she was writing TWO new books set in the same universe, AND hinted that we might see certain Grisha trilogy characters again? (*Cough, cough* NIKOLAI *cough, cough*) I was totally sold. I love Leigh's writing, and I absolutely cannot wait to return to this world again. So I need a cover and a release date PRONTO!! 

Tell me: what are YOU waiting on this week? Let me know in the comments below! 

2 comments:

  1. Very excited for more books in this world too! Would love to see Nikolai again! He had some of the best lines!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek, I haven't read the Grisha trilogy yet (yikes, I know.)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete