Wednesday, July 15, 2015

BLOGOVERSARY!


Today is such an exciting day, because I have officially been a book blogger for ONE YEAR!!


This is so exciting. Before last summer, I never would have imagined that there was a way to share my bookish love with the world. Not many of my IRL friends are YA fanatics like I am, and the only person I really had to talk to about my favorite books was my mom (who also reads YA. Go Mom!) But discovering the book community online was amazing! I discovered some awesome book blogs, and I learned what booktube was. (And subsequently, lost all my free time to the interwebs. Oops!)

Now, I have more followers on my blog Twitter than on my personal account. I get comments sometimes on my blog posts, and on my Youtube videos. I've entered (and won) some giveaways, watched an infinite number of videos, and most importantly, I've gotten to talk to some of YOU. That's the best part of this. Finding new people to talk to and flail with about the books that we all love. 


As many of you know, I have a degree in music education, and I'm still looking for a job in that field. But in the meantime while I'm searching and substituting, I am LOVING blogging. I hope to make more friends in the community, and continue to be more active around town, so to speak. 

But if you're reading this, then I want to thank YOU. Because honestly, if my blog had never been seen by anyone? If I hadn't gotten comments on my posts? If I hadn't gotten feedback from other bloggers or booktubers or authors? I probably would have quit by now. It's knowing that at least someone is seeing my posts and valuing my opinion that keeps me going. It means so much to me, and I can't thank you enough. 


So here's to one year down, and many more (hopefully) to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment