Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (20): Hyped Books I've Never Read


TTT is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies at The Broke and the Bookish

At first, I thought this was going to be a really hard topic. Most of the books I read are fairly popular; I don't read many indies or self-pubs, so most of the books I read get a lot of hype. But then I realized that there are quite a few popular books/series that get talked about a lot on booktube that I haven't read yet. Between those and a few newer releases that got huge pre-release hype, I found enough to participate this week! 

10. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
I do own this book, as I gave into the hype when I saw it at Costco, but I have yet to read it! It's the first in a new series, and I don't want to start it yet when I've got so many other series to read. 

9. The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
I don't even own this one yet, but I want to read it so bad. I just recently got Barnes & Noble coupons in the mail, so one of them may have to help me obtain this book. Because the sequel releases this month, and I want to get on this bandwagon!

8. The Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Or anything by Jennifer L. Armentrout, really. I haven't read any of her books, YA or NA. It's not that these don't sound good, because they do. I just had never really heard of them before I started watching booktube last year. And since then, there have been so many more books on my wishlist that I just haven't had the time to get to yet. 

7. The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
I own this book, as well as the second in the trilogy, but I just haven't read them yet. They keep ending up on my monthly TBRs, but I somehow don't get around to them. Soon. Very soon!

6. The Selection series by Kiera Cass
I wanted to read this so bad when it first started coming out. But in the last year watching booktube, I've heard so many mixed feelings about it. And with so many other series to read that I already own, this one is not at the top of the priority list. 

5. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
I've heard AMAZING things about this series, and I loved Meagan Spooner's Skylark series, but I just haven't gotten around to this one yet. 

4. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
I know! It's crazy that I haven't read this one yet. I own the whole trilogy and my mom has read them, but I just haven't gotten there yet. Soon!

3. The Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson
To be fair, I really only started hearing about this one in the last few months. It's everywhere on booktube right now. I've never really read any adult fantasy, though, so I'm a little hesitant to pick this up. And they're super chunky books, too, so it's intimidating. Maybe one day!

2. Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan
I know, I know! I got this boxset for Christmas, so it really will be getting read this year sometime. I just need to buckle down and start!

1. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
This is probably the one I feel most guilty about. Because my mom and many of my best friends absolutely love this series. I have read the first book! I just haven't continued yet. But like I keep saying, I really want to read the Infernal Devices trilogy, but I'm not even allowing myself to buy that until I've finished at least City of Ashes and City of Glass. If I don't finish this series in the next year, it will be a serious problem. So keep yelling at me to do it! 

Tell me: have YOU read any of these hyped books? Which should I absolutely get to sooner rather than later? And what hyped books go unread on your TBR shelf? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment