Monday, December 29, 2014

2014: Year in Review!

2014!

Tomorrow, I'm sharing my 2015 Bookish Resolutions and Goals! So today, I thought I'd look back on 2014! NOTE: any links down below lead to reviews I've done on this blog, not the Goodreads pages.

Books

In 2014, I read. A LOT. A lot more than I have in the past. Part of that is due to my Goodreads reading goal (and lack of accomplishment last year), but another part is due to my involvement in the book community! Hearing all of the big numbers in monthly wrap-ups from other booktubers really inspired me and challenged me to read more myself. So let's run down some numbers! 

I read FIFTY books in total! 

I've started TEN new-to-me series: 
  • TAKEN by Erin Bowman
  • THE LUNAR CHRONICLES by Marissa Meyer
  • IF I STAY duology by Gayle Forman 
  • LEGEND by Marie Lu
  • GRIFFIN AND SABINE by Nick Bantock 
  • MARA DYER by Michelle Hodkin 
  • WOLVES OF MERCY FALLS by Maggie Stiefvater
  • THE MAZE RUNNER by James Dashner
  • THE SECRET CIRCLE by L.J. Smith
  • THE YOUNG ELITES by Marie Lu
I've finished EIGHT series: 
  • SOMETHING STRANGE AND DEADLY by Susan Dennard
  • GRISHA by Leigh Bardugo 
  • IF I STAY duology by Gayle Forman
  • LEGEND by Marie Lu
  • RUBY RED by Kerstin Gier
  • GRIFFIN AND SABINE by Nick Bantock 
  • MARA DYER by Michelle Hodkin 
  • WOLVES OF MERCY FALLS by Maggie Stiefvater
  • THE SECRET CIRCLE by L.J. Smith
And I've started AND finished six series total.

I also read my first graphic novel/comic book (30 Days of Night by Steve Niles and Ben Templesmith) and my first short story anthology (My True Love Gave to Me, edited by Stephanie Perkins.) And I'm hoping to finish my first novella (Destroy Me) before the year is up!

I've really read some awesome books this year. If you want to know which TEN books/series made the top of the list, check out the Top Ten Tuesday post from two week's ago!

Community

This summer, I decided to start this blog. I've been slacking a little lately, but I really do love this blog. I love books and reading and I love getting to talk to other people who love it as much as I do. 

I try to get this blog out there. I have a Facebook page, a Twitter account, and an Instagram, which I promise to update more regularly. Do me a favor. If you like reading this blog, go show it some support and like/follow me on these other social media outlets! 

I also have a YouTube channel, which will become much more active in 2015, so go follow me there, too! Next week, I'll be posting a Christmas book haul, a December wrap-up and a January TBR. So look forward to those! 

To those of you who read my blog, thank you so much. I know that I am not the most reliable or consistent blogger, but I really do love this community. I love hearing from you through the comments or social media. Keep it coming! Tell me all your thoughts and opinions. I want to hear them. 

Thank you again for making 2014 such an amazing year. It's been a crazy year, here in virtual reality and in real life as well, but I always look forward to immersing myself in new blog posts or books or videos. Hope to see you again next year, too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment