Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Most Anticipated Books of 2015!

Since tomorrow starts the new year, I thought I'd share with you all my top ten (plus one) books that I am MOST anticipating in 2015!

Note: all links below lead to Goodreads pages for the books.

Most of these are sequels to series, so I am desperate for the next one. But there are a couple of standalones on here!

 

11. Fairest by Marissa Meyer 
Release date: January 27th

Book #3.5 in the Lunar Chronicles series. Need I say more? Since Winter is so far away, I need this to keep me sane until then! Plus, it'll be amazing to learn even more about Queen Levana. Since I just finished Cress not too long ago and absolutely fell in love with the series, I just HAD to include this one!


10. 99 Days by Katie Cotugno A
Release date: April 21st

I haven't read Katie Cotugno's other book, How to Love, yet, but this one sounds more up my alley anyway. And just look at that cover! How adorable and wonderful is that? And I did say I wanted to read more contemporary in 2015! 

9. The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West
Release date: May 5th

I also haven't read anything by Kasie West yet, although all of her books are on my TBR. But this one sounds like EXACTLY what I need in a cute contemporary read. The summary feels like an adorable romantic comedy, something we don't get very many of anymore, so I'm super excited to read it!

8. Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan
Release date: June 2nd (my birthday!)

As you know, I'm a zombie junkie, so I loved Carrie Ryan's zombie series, The Forest of Hands and Teeth. But what made that series so special was the writing, so I am ready for some more Carrie Ryan in my life! This book sounds super intriguing, and the cover is SO GORGEOUS. Seriously. And it comes out on my birthday, so happy birthday to me!


7. Forged by Erin Bowman
Release date: April 14th

This is the third book in the Taken series, and I just read the first two earlier this year. They're action packed and full of characters I love, so I can't wait to see how the trilogy concludes this spring!





6. The Rose Society by Marie Lu
Release date: October 6th 

This is the second book in Marie Lu's new fantasy series, The Young Elites, and it doesn't have a cover yet, though it does have a synopsis! I love Marie Lu, and the first book was a solid start to what I hope becomes a great trilogy. It has loads of potential, so I'm very interested to see where she takes the series and its characters!


5. Please Remain Calm by Courtney Summers
Release date: January 20th

This is the sequel to This is Not a Test, which I just read this past October. I seriously adored it, and I found out about this book not long after I finished the first, so I freaked out that we were going to get more of the story. It's being released exclusively as an ebook (for now,) so I guess I'll have to actually buy my first ebook in order to read it! 



4. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
Release date: October 6th

This is the first book in a new series set in the same world as Leigh Bardugo's Grisha trilogy, which is one of my favorite fantasies. I would read anything Leigh Bardugo writes, but she's also dropped hints that we may get to see a certain privateer again, so I need this book yesterday!


3. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
Release date: May 5th

A new adult fantasy trilogy from one of my favorite fantasy authors? Sign me up! The Throne of Glass series is one of my all-time favorite series, so once again I would read anything she writes. Plus, with this series starting next year, that means that for the next three years, we get TWO Sarah J. Maas books every year! How lucky are we?



2. Throne of Glass #4 by Sarah J. Maas
Release date: September 1st

I NEED THIS BOOK. Seriously, Heir of Fire was so amazing, but the series is only half over! I need more! And the fact that we haven't even seen a cover or a synopsis yet makes me more than just a little nervous that the publisher is going to push this book back on us, which would make me very upset. But for now, I am anxiously awaiting any little piece of information they release to us!

1. Winter by Marissa Meyer 
Release date: November 24th 



Did anyone not see this coming? I am desperate for this fourth and final book in the Lunar Chronicles series. I just want to know what happens to all our favorite people. And of course it doesn't have a cover or synopsis yet, either. Though it does have a one line blurb on Goodreads that basically tells us nothing. Stingy publishers. I'm sure we'll have to wait until after Fairest is released for them to tell us anything. Just my luck that my number one most anticipated book of 2015 is the one that I have to wait the longest for. Boo.

So there you have it! The books on my TBR list that I am MOST excited for. These are also the ones I'll probably be buying on release day, or maybe even pre-ordering. Since one of my resolutions is to limit book buying this year, these may be the only new releases I allow myself to buy. We'll just have to see! (JK, that's funny. ME, not buy books? Laugh riot.)

That's it for 2014! I hope you all have a fabulous New Year's Eve! 

Tell me: what is YOUR most anticipated book of 2015? Do you agree with any of mine? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment