Friday, January 2, 2015

Books I HAVE to Read in 2015

I hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve! Now that we've had New Year's Day to recuperate and get used to the new year, I'm back to share some of the books that I absolutely MUST read in 2015! So let's get started!

 

Insurgent and Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Like I said in my 2015 Resolutions post, I have not yet finished the Divergent series, and it's ridiculous. So I'm going to read these both before the film adaptation of Insurgent gets released! Hold me to it, blog readers!

 

City of Ashes and City of Glass by Cassandra Clare 

I read City of Bones last year in 2013 in preparation of seeing the movie. It wasn't a favorite read, but it was good enough that I want to read the whole series. But it's just such a daunting task! Six books is crazy to marathon. But I really want to read the Infernal Devices trilogy (even more than the Mortal Instruments), and I've been instructed to read the original TMI trilogy first, then TID, and then the last TMI trilogy. So I'm telling myself that before I even get to purchase TID, I have to read these two books first! More incentive, here. 

  

Lark Ascending by Meagan Spooner
Echoes of Us by Kat Zhang 
AND
Forged by Erin Bowman

These are all third books in trilogies that I love, so I'm looking to read these and cross a few more series off my list! Which helps out my 2015 Resolutions, too. ;) I already own the first two, but as I mentioned in my Most Anticipated of 2015 post, Forged doesn't release until April.

  


Now that this entire trilogy is out in the wild, I'd like to marathon the whole thing. I've heard great things about it, so I want in on the action! I may even buy the e-novellas, In Time and Sparks Rise as well, now that I have a tablet to read them on!


The Body Electric by Beth Revis 

I adored the Across the Universe series by Beth Revis, and this is set in the same world, just on Earth instead of space. Plus, she self-published this title and I ordered a signed copy from Malaprop's, so I definitely need to read this sooner rather than later!


Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld

Scott Westerfeld is an auto-buy author for me. I have read (and loved) ALL of his young adult novels, but even though I own this one, I haven't read it yet. I definitely must rectify this soon!


Reached by Ally Condie

I really enjoyed Matched, the first book in the trilogy. But the second book Crossed definitely dragged A LOT for me, and I didn't really like reading. So I've been putting off reading Reached for a long time. But I really need to just buckle down and read it in order to cross another series off my list! 

So those are just a few of the books I hope to read in 2015. What about you? Do YOU have any books that you HAVE to read in 2015? Or: Have YOU read any of these books yet? Should I move any of them to the very top of the list? Click this link to see my "owned-to-be-read" shelf on Goodreads and let me know if any of those books should be on this list, too! 
Let me know in the comments below! 




No comments:

Post a Comment