Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
For today's Top Ten, I've discovered which authors I own the most books from! And we'll do this in a countdown, from number 10 to number 1!
10. Maggie Stiefvater -- 4 books. There are a LOT of authors that I own four books by, but I decided to include Maggie above all since she has other books I'd LIKE to read, as well! I currently own the Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy (Shiver, Linger and Forever), as well as the standalone spin-off, Sinner, none of which I've actually read yet. But I definitely want to, and I'd like to read her Raven Cycle series, as well!
9. Stephenie Meyer -- 5 books. Of course, I own the Twilight Saga. What kind of young adult reader would I be if I didn't? Especially since the first one came out when I was really starting out in the young adult would. I also own The Host, which I actually REALLY enjoyed.
8. Melissa Marr-- 5 books. I own the entire Wicked Lovely series, made up of Wicked Lovely, Ink Exchange, Fragile Eternity, Radiant Shadows, and Darkest Mercy. This was my first fairy series, and I still absolutely LOVE it.
7. Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl -- 5 books. Since I only own books that are co-authored by Kami and Margaret, I am lumping them into one spot here. I own the Caster Chronicles, made up of Beautiful Creatures, Beautiful Darkness, Beautiful Chaos and Beautiful Redemption. Then I also own the first book in the spin-off series, Dangerous Creatures. However, I have only read Beautiful Creatures. But I really enjoyed it, and would like to continue the series!
6. Michael Grant -- 6 books. I own the entire Gone series, comprised of Gone, Hunger, Lies, Plague, Fear and Light. I have read the first two, though it has been so long that I will have to re-read them if I ever plan on finishing the series.
5. Alyson Noel -- 6 books. Ugh. Okay, I own the entire Immortals series. But believe me. It's really NOT that good. At all. It made me so angry. But it was one that I had already invested so much time into, that I really couldn't just leave it hanging. So I finished it and will probably never pick up an Alyson Noel book again. But this series is made of Evermore, Blue Moon, Shadowland, Dark Flame, Night Star and Everlasting.
4. Cassandra Clare -- 7 books. I own the entire Mortal Instruments series, including City of Bones (which I've read, and haven't read any others yet), City of Ashes, City of Glass, City of Fallen Angels, City of Lost Souls and City of Heavenly Fire (which is a BEAST of a book). I also own the Shadowhunter's Codex!
3. JK Rowling -- 9 books. Of course. I mean, come on. I own all seven Harry Potter books, as well as Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and The Tales of Beedle the Bard. I only have to find a copy of Quidditch Through the Ages, and my HP collection will be complete!
2. Stephen King -- 11 books. My mom really loves Stephen King, and I've read a couple myself. But we've decided to start collecting hardcovers of the old ones again, and we of course always buy the newest one for her to read. So I own The Shining, Salem's Lot, Carrie, Desperation, Full Dark No Stars, Dreamcatcher, Mr. Mercedes, Doctor Sleep, The Wind Through the Keyhole, 11/22/63, and Under the Dome.
And my number one, most owned author IS.........
1.SCOTT WESTERFELD -- 12 books
I absolutely love Scott Westerfeld's young adult books. I started with the Uglies series, and just kept going from there. So I own the Uglies trilogy and the companion novel (Uglies, Pretties, Specials and Extras), the Leviathan trilogy (Leviathan, Behemoth and Goliath), andthe Midnighters trilogy (The Secret Hour, Touching Darkness and Blue Noon). I also own So Yesterday and The Last Days, which is the sequel to Peeps. Somehow, I don't own Peeps, whether I borrowed it or just lost it, so I will be buying that one soon. And you better believe that I'll be buying his newest book this fall, Afterworlds.
Tell me: who do YOU own the most of? Which author(s) dominate your bookshelves?