Saturday, February 14, 2015

Discussion: Favorite TV Ships!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today is a day to celebrate love in all its forms! But today, I'll be taking a small break from bookish discussions and revealing some of my favorite television ships EVER! Keep in mind that not all of these pairs are actual couples. Some of these may never happen, but a girl can wish, right? Let's jump right in! 

Once Upon a Time (aka the show with ALL the ships)

Captain Swan (Captain Hook aka Killian Jones and Emma Swan)

This is one of my strongest ships. I ship these two SO hard. As you may know, I have a serious soft spot for bad boys, so I've loved Killian from the moment we first met him in season 2. And ever since, I have been waiting for he and Emma to get together. Because he's a bad boy with a serious heart of gold. And who can resist a British pirate calling you "love?" 

Outlaw Queen (Robin Hood and The Evil Queen aka Regina Mills)

I've been pulling for them ever since Tinkerbell tried to lead Regina to him in an effort to find a happy ending. They're so fantastic together, but it's a star-crossed love, and it's that constant struggle to find an happy ending that keeps me rooting for them!

Rumbelle (Rumplestiltskin aka Mr. Gold and Belle)

I've loved Rumple for a long time, and his role as the Beast broke my heart. It's been a long, hard road for these two, and their journey isn't over. But I still keep hoping they can find a happily ever after at the end of things. 

Charming Snow (Prince Charming aka David and Snow White aka Mary Margaret)

This is a given, right? There's pretty much nothing that can tear these two apart, but I never get tired of their relationship, which is an impressive feat for a couple who has been together for pretty much EVER. 

Willice (Will Scarlet aka Knave of Hearts and Alice)

This is my most far-fetched ship of all. These two started out in the OUaT spin-off, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, which didn't do well and got canceled. But since the creators had always planned on having a self-contained story within the first season, the show ended with a definitive happy ending for our two main couples. However, I was rooting against that happy ending because I never shipped Will and Alice with their own love interests. I shipped them together. They were there for each other through everything, and they were willing to make sacrifices for each other along the way. I always thought that they would have made a more believable couple. I still do. And now that Will is on the mother show OUaT, I'm hoping that we may eventually get to explore this possibility! (And just ignore the end of Wonderland entirely. Ha!)

Sherlocks

JoanLock from Elementary

I know. I didn't mean to. I really didn't. I started the show thinking, "Oh, a female best friend. It'll be great! And it doesn't have to be romantic." But the longer it went on, the more I changed my mind. She's the only one who's really there for him, all the time, and he needs her. And I think she needs him, too, she just doesn't know it yet. So yes. I think it DOES need to be romantic. And stat! 

JohnLock from Sherlock

Yep. I'm one of those people. A JohnLock shipper. I really can't even explain this one. I'm not usually one who ships straight characters together, but man. These two just seem like they're in denial. And it needs to happen. Hehe. 

Other Shows

Emily and Nolan from Revenge

This is just pure fantasy, I know. But I love them and their relationship so much, I think they should just screw the rest of the Hamptons and run away together. (And since I don't really watch this anymore, I may just wait until the series is over to look up who Emily ends up with. And if it's not Nolan, it had BETTER be Jack. Because history. And feels.) 

Nick and Jess from New Girl

Since day one. Haven't watched consistently since season 2, but damn. That kiss. I watched it like a dozen times in a row after that episode. 

Audrey and Nathan from Haven

Also since day one. Especially since that one moment. And especially, ESPECIALLY since that other moment. Vague, I know. But I don't want to give you spoilers! If you haven't watched this, GO DO IT. Seriously, one of my best discoveries of 2014. 

Abbie and Ichabod from Sleepy Hollow

Now I haven't watched this season yet, but based on the first season alone? Forget Katrina. Boo Katrina. IchAbbie all the way. And if it doesn't end up that way, I will be very upset. 

Jake and Olivia from Scandal

Of all the ships on this list, this is probably the one I feel the strongest about. (Other than my ultimate below...) I would MUCH rather Olivia stand in the sun with Jake than make jam in Vermont with Fitz. If I have to hear about Vermont one more time, I'm going to lose my damn mind. 

Beth and Jack from Stalker

I mean, these two are adorable in real life, so why wouldn't they be adorable on the show? I just think they would be such a good couple. 

Rory and Jess from Gilmore Girls

I mean, we obviously all know that Lorelei and Luke belong together. That's a given. But it is certainly my headcanon that Rory meets Jess again in the future, a few years down the road, and they finally get back together and stay together forever. And don't try to tell me otherwise. 

AND MY ULTIMATE SHIP AND OTP IS...
.....

....

...

..

.

LOGAN ECHOLLS AND VERONICA MARS

"Our story is epic. Spanning years and continents. Live ruined. Bloodshed. Epic"

Seriously, though, I can't with the LoVe feels. That quote, that one right there, pretty much sums up how I will always feel about Logan and Veronica. (I'm going to take the leap this year sometime and start reading the books!) 

Tell me: What are some of YOUR favorite TV ships? Do you agree with any of mine as well? Let me know in the comments below! 




2 comments:

  1. I have so many of the same ships!! I love this post;)
    Captain Swan is definitely one of my ships because sparks just fly when they're together and they both feel so safe with each other:) (spoiler: and he gave up his ship for her</3)
    I love Charming Snow too because their meet cute and love story are just adorable and funny and so perfect:P
    Haha! Nick and Jess- the unlikely couple that somehow works so well:) That kiss is pretty epic!
    I just want Olivia to choose someone already:( But I know why you want her to be with Jake as I can imagine them being truly happy together:)
    Rory and Jess- Me too! I always picture them as being together in the end:D I was hoping they would end up together because I felt like they were completely themselves around eachother and Jess brought out the best in Rory:)
    JohnLock<3
    I need to watch Veronica Mars because that quote is beautiful!
    I also love Bellamy and Clarke in The 100 and Olicity in Arrow;)
    Maya @ anotheronceuponatime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm kind of a TV junkie, so this sounded like the perfect V-Day post for me!

      YES. Veronica Mars is life. It's a fairly quick watch through 3 seasons and a movie, and I think it's one of my favorite shows I've seen in recent years.

      I REALLY need to start The 100, don't I? I hear so much flailing over Bellamy and Clarke that I'm super intrigued. And of course, I really want to watch Arrow. Ugh, why is there so little time in the world? :)

      Thanks for coming by!

      Danielle

      Delete