Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies at The Broke and the Bookish!
For this week's topic, I couldn't come up with ten problems. So here's my top seven book related problems!
7. Having too little time to read. I have way too many hobbies, and I also work sometimes substitute teaching. So if I'm not subbing, I sleep half the day away. Then I have blog posts to write, movies and TV shows to watch, showers to take, meals to eat, rooms to clean...I start to run out of hours in the day in which to read!
6. Not enough shelf space. I love collecting books. (See #1.) But I am quickly running out of room for them at my house! We currently have books in 11 spots around the house, and they're quickly taking over!
5. Having few YA-reading friends IRL. Most of my friends in real life don't read young adult novels. My mom is usually the only person I have to talk to about the books I'm reading!
4. Requiring matching books. This is a fairly recent development. In the last year, I've grown obsessed with having all of my series match. So when I have a trilogy with two hardcovers and one paperback, it bothers me. Or when the covers don't match, it bothers me. So I start buying replacements. Which costs money. It's just ridiculous, but now I can't stop!
3. Falling in love with the love interest. If the love interest in a book is totally swoon-worthy, I fall in love with them so easily! And then I pine away for the fictional character, and lament the fact that guys like that don't exist in real life. Books have totally given me unrealistic expectations about love.
2. Too many bookmarks. I usually only read one book at a time, two at the MOST. But I have a TON of bookmarks, and I'm usually too lazy to get a new one out to use. So I end up always using the same one and letting the rest waste away in a box.
1. Buying too many! I have a horrible habit of buying way too many books. I'm not the fastest reader in the world, so I am constantly buying more books than I can read. I try to reduce my TBR pile, but I'll never get it to zero because I buy faster than I read!
Tell me: what are YOUR book related problems? Do you have any of my problems, too? Let me know in the comments below!