Monday, August 17, 2015

Announcement: BOUT OF BOOKS 14


Hey, y 'all! It's time for another round of the Bout of Books read-a-thon! I participated in the last round in May and just had a really great time with it. (You can see May's posts by clicking the "Bout of Books" tag at the end of this post.) So I decided to do it again! Here's a little more information about Bout of Books if you're new to the read-a-thon! 

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01 am Monday, August 17th and runs through Sunday, August 23rd in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 14 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. -- from the Bout of Books team
Just like last time, I plan on participating in all of the challenges, so I will be posting daily updates here on the blog to keep track of my progress. Since I'm a little late in getting this post up, expect an update post later today!

Bout of Books Goals!

I have my TBR planned for the week and I feel very confident that I can accomplish it, During the read-a-thon, I'll keep you updated on the books I'm reading and how many pages I've read, so here are the books I plan on getting to this week!

 


1. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins -- 368 pgs.
I have the first two Stephanie Perkins books in paperback, but this came out last year in hardcover. So I've been waiting to buy it and read it until it came out in paperback, and I'm so excited to finally read it!

2. Hawkeye Vol. 1-4 by Matt Fraction and David Aja -- 138, 136, 120, 160 pgs.
I've been slowly collecting this series for a few months, and now that the fourth volume has finally been released and I have them all, I just want to marathon through the whole thing!

3. The Avengers: Enemy Within by Kelly Sue DeConnick, et. al -- 152 pgs.
I've become obsessed with Captain Marvel recently, and absolutely loved the first two volumes. But this one has been ridiculously hard to come buy, as it's selling for upwards of $30 on the Amazon Marketplace. But my mom decided to gift it to me (THANK YOU, MOM), so as soon as it gets to my house, I'm devouring this baby.

4. Matilda by Roald Dahl -- 240 pgs.
On a whim, I decided to round out my TBR with a children's classic, because I haven't read a children's book in a really long time. And I figured, "If I have these books for my future children, shouldn't I read them, too?" So onto the TBR it went!

The read-a-thon has already officially begun, so I'll be posting my Day 1 update fairly soon. Any time you want or need to go to the Bout of Books homepage, you can either click on the Bout of Books picture in the upper right sidebar of my blog, or the picture I'll put at the top of every update post. The picture in both locations is linked to the blog! 

Tell me: are YOU participating in Bout of Books 14? If so, what are you most excited to read this week? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment