Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (28): DUMPLIN'

WoW is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine!


Title: Dumplin'
Author: Julie Murphy
Release date: September 15, 2015

Summary: Self-proclaimed fat girl Willowdean Dickson (dubbed "Dumplin'" by her former beauty queen mom) h as always been at home in her own skin. Her thoughts on having the ultimate bikini body? Put a bikini on your body. With her all-American beauty best friend, Ellen, by her side, things have always worked...until Will takes a job at Harpy's, the local fast-food joint. There she meets Private School Bo, a hot former jock. Will isn't surprised to find herself attracted to Bo. But she is surprised when  he seems to like her back. 

Instead of finding new heights of self-assurance in her relationship with Bo, Will starts to doubt herself. So she sets out to take back her confidence by doing the most horrifying thing she can imagine: entering the Miss Clover City beauty pageant--along with several other unlikely candidates--to show the world that she deserves to be up there as much as any twiggy girl does. Along the way, she'll shock the hell out of Clover City--and maybe herself most of all. 

With starry Texas nights, red candy suckers, Dolly Parton songs, and a wildly unforgettable heroine--Dumplin' is guaranteed to steal your heart. 

Thoughts: Oh, this book speaks to my soul. As a larger girl myself, it's been difficult in the past to ever see myself in fiction, especially in a favorable light. But I haven't even read the book yet and I already adore Will, and I am so happy to see her front and center, the protagonist in her own life story. I love the cover, and I just cannot wait to get my hands on this book in person! 

Tell me: what are YOU waiting on this Wednesday? Does my choice sound interesting to you? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment