Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Bout of Books 14 -- Day 2 Progress and Day 3 Challenge!



Day 2 Progress Report

Pages read -- 212
     Total pages read -- 491
Books finished -- 2: Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins and The Avengers: Enemy 
                                 Within by Kelly Sue DeConnick
Currently reading -- Hawkeye Vol. 1: My Life as a Weapon by Matt Fraction
     So far? I haven't actually started it yet; my plan for today is to (hopefully) finish at least two 
                  volumes of Hawkeye, so as soon as this post is up, I'm off to read!

Day 3 Challenge -- Bookish MASH

Today's challenge is hosted by Sarah over at Rocky Top Real Talk, so go check out her blog!

The challenge today is to play the bookish version of MASH! You remember MASH, right? The game you played when you were young to find out where you were going to live and who your husband would be...all that jazz. Well today, we're playing the bookish version! Instead of using celebrities or real people for our husband choices, we're using book characters! I also used some book-related items in other categories as well. Also, whenever we play MASH in my circle of friends, we always pick a "bad" choice for each category, just to make things interesting. 

AND, of course I took pictures. Whose blog did you think this was? 

I started out with a brand new notebook and turned to a random blank page.


Then I wrote out all my categories and left 5 blank spaces for each one. 


Then I got to the arduous task of figuring out how to fill them! This is what I came up with. 


I then did a little spiral and came up with the number 8 by counting the spaces! (Outsides included.)


Then I got to work! By the time I was done, it looked like this. 


Then I turned to a new page and wrote out my summary. (If you can't see the picture very well, I typed it out below, as well.)


"I live in a mansion in the underworld with my husband Roger Sullivan (from Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson) and out chimera cat, Sadie. (For an idea of what a chimera cat is, click HERE for a link to Venus, the Chimera Cat, even though she's probably not actually a chimera. They're just really cute!) We have no kids, but we do drive an SUV. I work as a receptionist. 
...I want a do-over! 

So as you can see, I didn't get the best outcome in today's MASH, but that's part of what makes it funny! And there's always another tomorrow, another MASH to play. I was very pleased that I ended up with Roger because he is so sweet and understanding...and let's face it. He's the only contemporary character on  my list. So he could really exist! And I still can't believe I got stuck as a receptionist among all those choices. *facepalm* But c'est la vie! '

I love MASH. Even in college, my friends and I used to play it all the time. This was such a great challenge. Thanks, Sarah!

So that's it for today, everybody! Be sure to check back all week to see my reading progress and to see me complete the challenges. If you're participating as well, I wish you all good luck! 

Tell me: how is YOUR reading week going so far? If you participated in the challenge for the day, link your picture(s) below so I can see them! Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment