Friday, September 4, 2015

Film Fridays! -- September 3, 2015


*movie titles link to IMDB pages*

Reviews

I went out of town last weekend to visit my college friends, so I didn't have a ton of weekend time to watch new movies. So as hard as it is to believe, I only watched one movie this week!

Title: Rhinestone
Starring: Dolly Parton, Sylvester Stallone

Thoughts: Oh, this movie was a delight. The premise is that Dolly makes a bet with the manager of the cowboy bar she sings at: she has two weeks to turn an ordinary, average guy into a country singer who can win the favor of the notoriously difficult bar crowd. And Sly is the average guy she gets stuck with.

This movie is hilarious and adorable. And the music is fantastic. I love Dolly, as usual, but I think this movie made me like Sylvester Stallone even more. His singing leaves a little to be desired, but it's perfect for the movie.

My favorite part? The romance of course. This movie has my favorite kind of romance, too. Both characters are super sarcastic and they bicker all the time, even when they're getting along. I absolutely love the interactions between the two of them, and how their relationship develops over the course of those two weeks. I love Dolly movies!

It's obviously a very fluffy, fun movie, so I would suggest you take it at face value. It is what it is, and I loved it.

Rating: A-

I also (finally) posted my review for the movie adaptation of The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. You can click the link HERE to read that review!

Releases

On Tuesday, July 7th, the following movie came out on DVD and Blu-ray: 

Starring: Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron











And two movies are releasing to theaters! 
Starring: Ed Skrein, Ray Stevenson


Starring: Robert Redford, Nick Nolte, Emma Thompson






What am I most excited for? Mad Max: Fury Road! Ever since it came out in theaters earlier this year, I've heard nothing but amazing things about it, from both reviewers and friends. So I can't wait to see it! (Though I might need to find the original trilogy to watch first!)

What I'll Be Watching

My mom and I have plans to really work on cleaning/organizing the house this weekend, so I'm not entirely sure if movie plans will be on the docket. Hopefully it will, but you never know!

Appropriately for this blog, this week I'm featuring the first trailer for The 5th Wave was released! The 5th Wave is a film adaptation of the immensely popular YA novel of the same name by Rick Yancey! (And no, I haven't watched the trailer yet, because I have also not yet read the book, and I don't want to be spoiled!)



Tell me: what movies have YOU seen lately? What are you planning on seeing very soon? And what trailers are you the most excited about? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment