Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (33): A STEP TOWARD FALLING

WoW is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine!


Author: Cammie McGovern
Release date: October 6, 2015

Summary: Sometimes one mistake can change everything. 

Emily doesn't know why she froze. Or why Lucas did, too. Afterward, she thought of different ways to rationalize it. But the truth is, they could have helped Belinda, and they didn't. It's a mistake they'll both have to live with. 

Sometimes doing nothing is the only way to cope. 

Belinda doesn't want to talk about what happened. Because when she does, it feels like it's happening all over again. 

Sometimes good can come from bad. 

Emily and Lucas's punishment is community service at a center for people with disabilities. People like Belinda. Soon they feel like maybe they're starting to make a real difference. Like they would be able to do the right thing if they could do that night all over again. Like they could help not only those at the center but also each other. 

But when Belinda returns to school. Emily and Lucas have to figure out if they can do anything that will actually help the one person they hurt most. 

Thoughts: This is definitely not my usual type of book, and to be completely honest, I wasn't sure I wanted to read it at first. I heard mixed things about Cammie McGovern's first novel, Say What You Will, and I didn't know if this content would fully interest me. But this book has gotten a nice number of good reviews, and I think it might be really eye-opening as well. So I'm definitely ready to give this book a shot!

Tell me: what are YOU waiting on this Wednesday? Does my choice sound interesting to you? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment