Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (15): Books I Consider ALL TIME FAVORITES From the Last 3 Years


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies at The Broke and the Bookish!

10. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein. I don't read a ton of historical fiction, so for this to be one of my favorite books is a fairly big deal. But this book is beautifully written, and heartbreaking and a fantastic portrait of female friendship. I only read this less than a year ago, but it's stuck with me ever since.

9. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. My very first Patrick Ness book, and the one that told me I should buy all the Patrick Ness books. It's a beautiful, simple story, and it's another tearjerker. It's also fairly short with big print and gorgeous illustrations, so I highly recommend this one. Read my review here.

8. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo. This is the second book in the Grisha trilogy, and it is my favorite of the three. Don't get me wrong; I love all of them. But this one introduces Sturmhond and gives him a great deal of "screen time," and since he's my favorite character in the series, of COURSE this is my favorite book. One of my favorite complete series of all time!

7. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas. These books just keep getting better and better, and this one left me breathless. This is also the first book where we got a really great sense of just how big this world is, and we got peeks into what is going on outside of Rifthold. I am loving it, and I can't WAIT for the next book! Read my review here.

6. I Was Here by Gayle Forman. I JUST read this book last week, but when I read the topic for this week, it was the first book that came to mind. I've heard some mixed reviews on this book, but I absolutely LOVED it. I laughed, I cried, I thought a lot about life. And since it's a fairly short book, I sped through it in two days. (And this just got optioned to become a movie. Hopefully that pans out, and we get to see this one on the big screen!) Look for a review of this soon!

5. House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski. I will never stop loving this book. It is difficult to explain, so I will just say that if you're looking for a book to completely mess with your mind and you don't mind irregular formatting and multiple appendices and breaking codes and stories within stories within stories and footnotes and clues that lead nowhere and...crazy stuff...just read it. I cannot EVER do it justice. I just love it so much.

4. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi. Gah. This series. This book. The character development here, the plot, the beautiful writing style; it all just adds up into an amazing book. This is definitely one of my favorite series conclusions that I've read in a long time. Read my review here.

3. Cress by Marissa Meyer. I've loved all four books in the Lunar Chronicles series so far, but Cress has definitely been my favorite. I think as each book gets longer, there's more to love. I love all three main characters thus far, and we got some seriously amazing plot revelations in Cress, so it just totally made me THAT MUCH more excited for Winter!! Read my review of Cress here.

2. Champion by Marie Lu. Another one of my favorite conclusions, this book had it all. Action, plot, character development, heartbreak, and just an amazing ending. What I love about this book is that there is actually a resolution of the conflict from the series, and that Marie Lu wasn't afraid to do certain things. That, and the romance is just top-notch for me. Love!

1. This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers. Hands down, new favorite book in the last few years. I read this in October and I still can't stop gushing about it. Dark contemporary meets zombies, both of which I love. The characters are so well developed; no one is a caricature. The writing is beautiful, and haunting, and will stay with you for a long time after you've finished. Read my review here.

Tell me: what are some of YOUR all-time favorites books? Do you also love any of my choices? Let me know in the comments below! 



No comments:

Post a Comment