Friday, May 15, 2015

Bout of Books 13 -- Day 4 Progress Report and Day 5 Challenge


Hello, and welcome to Day 5 of the Bout of Books 13 read-a-thon! 

Day 4 Progress Report

Pages read -- 80 
        Total pages read -- 414
Books finished -- 1 (A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas)
Currently reading -- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
        So far? After finishing ACOTAR yesterday, I only managed to read 8 pages of Perks, so I'll 
                     need some more time to form a real opinion!
Time spent reading -- 1 hour
        Total time spent reading -- 6.5 hours
Confidence level ?/10 -- Moving on down to a 7. I only have three days of the read-a-thon left, so 
                                        I'm not sure I can read both Perks and Austenland, but I will make time for 
                                        both graphic novels. 

Day 5 Challenge -- Cover Color

Today's challenge is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings, so go check out her blog! The challenge is to find at least four books with the same main color on the cover. And, true to form, I couldn't pick just one color! Though I may have fudged the rules a little...oops! You know me. 

COLOR ONE -- TEAL

So honestly, these are all slightly different shades of teal, but they just looked so pretty together, I couldn't resist!

Books shown: The Swan Gondola by Timothy Schaffert, Prom by Laurie Halse Anderson, True by Hilary Duff, Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson, and Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. 

 COLOR TWO -- TAN

It just so happened that Eleanor & Park and My Heart and Other Black Holes were right next to each other on my shelf, so I thought, Yes! It was meant to be. So I just found the other two to go with them! Though Broken Monsters has a little too much of the peach color. 

Books shown: The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien, My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga, Broken Monsters by Lauren Beukes, and Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. 

COLOR THREE -- ORANGE 

I JUST realized I actually forgot to feature a book in this picture! The whole reason I thought of orange is because I saw The Martian on my shelf. And then I forgot to put it in the picture. *sigh* Oh well. This is still going to be my official entry! 

Books shown: Allegiant by Veronica Roth, The Pirate's Wish by Cassandra Rose Clarke, World War Z by Max Brooks, Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins, and Sweet Filthy Boy by Christina Lauren. 

So that's it for today's update! Check back tomorrow for my Day 5 Progress Report and the Day 6 Challenge!

Tell me: how are YOU doing during the read-a-thon? And what color do you own the most books in? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment