Tuesday, May 26, 2015

#RYBSAT Wrap-Up!


Hey guys! I just wanted to wrap-up my reading week with #RYBSAT! This was SO much fun. The week before RYBSAT, I participated in the Bout of Books 13 read-a-thon, which was my very first read-a-thon ever. So I wasn't sure if I wanted to participate in RYBSAT and do the two read-a-thons back to back, but I'm SO glad I decided to just do it! 

I ended up only finishing my first two books on my TBR, but I'm okay with that. In the past, I've had an entire MONTH where I only read one or two books, so to read two books in one week is still amazing for me. 

I finished: 

     

True by Hilary Duff and Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson. 

I read the Hilary Duff book only because I've read the first two books, and I really needed another series to finish. Those books are really not very good, but it was something to finish. Sometimes you have to read the "meh" books in order to really appreciate the amazing ones. Which is what Since You've Been Gone is. An AH-MAZING book! Seriously, I couldn't put it down. It's cute, funny, heartwarming, and made me cry. It was like the perfect summer book. Can't recommend it enough. 

I started: 


Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn

Unfortunately, I didn't really get to read on Sunday, the last day of the read-a-thon, otherwise I may have had a shot at finishing this one. But my parents and I went vacation-clothes shopping, and along the way we bought the final season of Glee since we hadn't watched it. And then my mom and I ended up watching 9 of the 13 episodes on Sunday night. Ha! So no reading. But I'm definitely liking where this is going so far. It's very intriguing, and I love the writing style! 

Total pages read: 903

I'm proud of that total pages read number! I have so many books on my TBR that it's been nice to knock a few off in these last couple of weeks, thanks to the read-a-thons. The hosts of RYBSAT were always hosting reading sprints on Twitter, and I participated in a couple of those, and the RYBSAT official twitter page was always reposting Instagram pictures tagged #RYBSAT onto the Twitter page. I have to say, I was thrilled to see a couple of my own pictures on there! All in all, it was a great week. I had such a blast, and now I can't WAIT until the next round! 

Tell me: did YOU participate in RYBSAT? How did you do? What was your favorite part? Let me know in the comments below!





No comments:

Post a Comment