Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (17): Authors I REALLY Want to Meet


This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic seemed SO apropos considering that I just went on a mini-road trip across the state this last weekend to go meet Sarah J. Maas on the ACOTAR tour! Since I live in almost the exact middle of the country, authors very rarely come anywhere near where I live, so I don't get to meet very many. This is also the reason my signed books collection is so small. But Sarah J. Maas just came to St. Louis, so I have many hopes for the future!

Sarah J. Maas -- Okay, so this one is cheating because I just met her, but I would love to meet her again! She's so lovely and hilarious, and her books are auto-buys for me, so maybe again in the future!

Leigh Bardugo -- I just absolutely LOVE the Shadow & Bone series, and if I met her, maybe I could claim my stake on Nikolai. PLUS, her new Grishaverse series is starting this fall, so this is totally possible! 

Susan Dennard -- Sooz is Sarah's bestie, and the two of them are just so fantastic. So how great would it be if I could meet them in one place at the same time?! I also love Susan's books, and I can't wait for Truthwitch early next year! 

Courtney Summers -- Not only am I becoming a huge fan of Courtney's books, but I am also just a fan of her in general. If you're not following her on Twitter, you're missing out. Even though I don't watch Supernatural (yet), her obsession with it is so darn entertaining. She's also the straw that broke the camel's back in convincing me to watch Veronica Mars. (LIFE-CHANGER. Sidenote: if you haven't watched Veronica Mars yet, what are you doing with your life?) And seriously, if you need some more reasons to read her books, go read my reviews of This is Not a Test, the sequel e-novella Please Remain Calm, and her latest release All the Rage

Tahereh Mafi -- The Shatter Me series totally caught me by surprise early this year. I was expecting to enjoy them, but I was not expecting to love them quite as much as I did. They are easily some of the most beautifully-written books I've ever read. And let's be honest: she gave the world Warner. Where would I be without Warner in my life? I can't wait to read anything she writes!

Rainbow Rowell -- I have read three of four Rainbow Rowell books by now, and they were all brilliant. I used to not read very many contemporary novels, but her books were what really got me back into the genre. And now, this fall, she's releasing a fantasy novel based on the fanfiction in her book Fangirl! And that, I just can't wait for. 

Marie Lu -- Marie wrote my absolute FAVORITE books that I read in 2014, the Legend trilogy. To meet her and get her to sign books would be an absolute dream come true. Plus, her new fantasy series The Young Elites started in October, and it is also fab. 

Scott Westerfeld -- Scott is my most owned author, as I own all fourteen of his young adult novels. FOURTEEN. You think I'm a fan much? I still haven't read Afterworlds yet, but I've read the rest and absolutely LOVED them. So yeah. I'm a Scott Westerfeld superfan!

John Green -- I mean, come on? I know I've only read one John Green novel (TFIOS), but still. He's a pretty awesome person, as well. That would so much fun! 

J.K. Rowling -- Need I say more? 

Tell me: who are some authors that YOU would really want to meet? Let me know in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment