Monday, May 11, 2015

Bout of Books Day 1 Challenge!


It is officially Day 1 of the Bout of Books read-a-thon, and with Day comes the first challenge! Today's challenge is a simple bookish survey hosted by Writing My Own Fairytale, so let's get started!

1. How do you organize your shelves? 

HA! The answer to that is "I don't." I try. I try so hard, but then I buy more books and I have to reorganize them in any way that they fit. So I have one short bookshelf that's double-stacked. I have books laying on top of upright books. I have books in eleven places in my house, and less than half of those places are actually bookshelves. So I just put books wherever I can find a spot, honestly.

2. What is one of your favorite books that's not in one of your favorite genres?

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. I primarily read YA and graphic novels now, and I've never been very into classics. Even though I'm a HUGE reader, there have been SO many times that I couldn't finish a book for school, and ended up just having to skim over it. Because I just find myself so bored with most classics. But Fahrenheit 451 is one of the rare exceptions. It's just so good, and maybe I love it because it's about books. Who knows? 

3. What is the last 5 star book you read? 

All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. It was just so darn wonderful and beautiful and heartbreaking, which are my favorite three words when describing books I love. 

4. What book are you most excited to read during the read-a-thon? 

Well, I just got back from St. Louis where I got to meet Sarah J. Maas and have her sign a copy of A Court of Thorns and Roses for me. Eeep! And that's definitely the book I'm most excited for. So excited that I may have read the first ten pages before the read-a-thon officially started. Oops! #sorrynotsorry 

5. What book do you recommend the most? 

There are so many wonderful books and series I could have picked for this answer, but I'm going with a book I recently read and just can't stop thinking about how amazing it is. I think literally everyone should read All the Rage by Courtney Summers. It's such an important book about rape culture and the way society treats it like it doesn't exist. Such an amazing story. Go read it!


So that's it for today's challenge! I'll be back tomorrow with the Day 2 Challenge and my Day 1 Progress Report. So thanks for stopping by! 

Tell me: what is the last 5 star book YOU read? And if you're participating in Bout of Books, how is Day 1 treating you? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment