Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Review: FORGED by Erin Bowman



*WARNING: HERE BE SPOILERS for books 1 and 2* 
Proceed at your own peril. 


Title: Forged
Author: Erin Bowman
Series: Taken #3

Why I read it: To finish the trilogy and find out what happens!

Thoughts: This is my second favorite series conclusion of the year so far.

Forged brings the trilogy full circle in terms of characters and plot, and it was everything I wanted and needed from this conclusion.

As usual, I especially loved Gray. He's different from the usual YA protagonist that I read about. For one, he's a guy, and I normally read from the perspective of girls. But he's also forced to make difficult choices, and he's sometimes selfish. Even so, he goes through some major character development throughout the trilogy, and it's evident here. He's been through so much in the last two books; from his father's death to his strained relationship with Bree, and dealing with the Forgeries of Emma and himself. But he never stops fighting for his friends and family.

I also love his relationship with Bree. She is so strong and abrasive sometimes, and she always has walls up. And I love that the relationship between the two of them isn't easy. It's tense and tenuous, because both of them are so stubborn and headstrong. But that's why I love them so much.

There's not a character I don't enjoy in this series. All of them are very unique and bring their own flair to the story.

I thoroughly enjoyed all of the events of this book. It was action-packed, and I was constantly flipping pages to find out what was going to happen. And it was heart-breaking. I actually cried toward the end, because the journey of our characters is not an easy one. There are deaths that devastated me, and there is lightness and hope that kept me smiling. It's messy and things are never perfect, but I couldn't think of a better conclusion to the story that I've loved since page one.

If you're a fan of complex characters, high-energy action and romantic tension, I highly recommend this dystopian trilogy!

Rating: 5/5 stars

Tell me: have YOU read Forged yet? What were your thoughts on how it ended? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment