Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (18): Books I Plan to Have in My Beach Bag


TTT is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies at The Broke and the Bookish!

This is actually the perfect TTT topic for me this week, because in a week and a half, I'm leaving for a week-long vacation in Florida! And the first three days there, we're spending at Daytona Beach! Since my mom and I have actually planned what books we're taking on vacation already, those are the books I'm going to share with you! There ARE ten books here, but since so many are in series, I'm just giving each series a number and coming up with a top 5 instead! :)


  

1. The Razorland trilogy by Ann Aguirre. 

Okay, I know. Not the beachiest, summery-est reads. But my mom wanted a completed trilogy to read, and both of us are obsessed with zombies and zombie-like creatures. So she's been saving this series for when we were stuck in the car for hours upon hours!

  

2. The Unearthly trilogy by Cynthia Hand. 

Mom and I were looking for another trilogy/series to take, and these seemed like fun! I love these covers, and I've been eyeing them on my shelves for a while now. So it seems as good a time as any to read them! 

 

3. The Winner's Curse and The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski

I've been dying to read these for so long now, and I just haven't had the chance to pick them up yet. So I'm taking them in the hopes that I can read both fairly quickly! 


4. Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley

I only learned about this book maybe the week before it came out, but it sounds SO COOL. And it's a fantasy standalone, which don't come around very often! It'll be the perfect book to break up all those series. 


5. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

I read Since You've Been Gone last week for #RYBSAT, and immediately wanted to read ALL the Morgan Matson books. And this one is about a road trip, so how fun would it be to read while on the road? I ordered it from Barnes & Noble this weekend so it will be here before we leave, and this will the book I start the minute we hit the open highway. 

Tell me: what book are going to be in YOUR beach bag this summer? Let me know in the comments below!




No comments:

Post a Comment